Joel and Veronica Culberson
Your Awana missionaries are Joel and Veronica Culberson. They serve churches in the eastern Kansas and western Missouri region.
By now, most Awana clubs have started back up. We are excited to see God do some wonderful things through His faithful servants! Thank you for your prayers over the summer. We give all the glory and praise to our Father and we thank all of the prayer warriors who are committed to praying for our family and ministry!
- For the new churches that started an Awana club this year in our area. The leaders are excited about partnering more with parents and the opportunity to reach children and youth for Christ.
- Praising God for calling us to be missionaries with Awana. We serve a faithful God who allows us to partner with churches and minister to the lost world!
- For patience and wisdom for the clubs starting Awana this year.
Our Support Needs
Awana Missionaries are Faith Support Missionaries. They are completely dependent upon the gifts of God’s people to meet their living and working expenses. Each month their financial needs are met only as churches and individuals share in their ministry.
We sincerely appreciate and thank God for each and every church, family, and individual who help to meet our support needs. We count it a great privilege to be your Awana Missionaries. If your church is supporting us, we thank you for deeming us a worthy ministry to invest in.
If your church has not yet added us to their missions’ budget, would you please ask them to consider our needs? We hope that one day all of our Awana churches will realize the importance and benefits of helping their Awana Missionary stay on the job. If you would like to partner with us, please complete the online form to either make a one-time or to establish a reoccuring donation! May God richly bless you and your ministry for your faithfulness.
Here are two additional ways that you can support your Awana missionary:
- Non-Cash Assets – Many people consider cars, boats, timeshares, jewelry, business inventory, real estate, and other non-cash type gifts to help us reach boys and girls, and their families too, for Christ. An estimated 90% of America’s wealth is in non-cash assets, yet the vast majority of churches and ministries receive less than 10% of their gifts from these assets. Why? Because they’re not equipped to accept non-cash gifts. Through our foundation we can accept them, and we will work with you to develop the best giving strategy for you and your family. If done properly, givers can avoid or reduce taxes and maximize giving. Simply visit CreativeGivingSolutions.com’s Awana section to learn more. On that page, select the Donation Button and choose the U.S. Missionary Fund. Under the Brief Description type the Missionary’s name or account number.
- Your IRA – If you are over age 70 1/2, you may annually gift any amount up to $100,000 of your IRA to your Awana Missionary. It’s very easy to make the gift by directing your custodian to transfer a portion of your required minimum distribution directly to Awana. For more information simply visit AwanaFE.org.